Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away--Anon

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Beginings.....


My little girl has graduated from Pre-K and is going to be in Kindergarten! I can't believe this day has come already! I am SOOOOO not ready!
I'm not ready to go buy school supplies, or pick out a back pack and lunch box. I'm not ready to drop her off in the circle drive and not walk her to her class room everyday! I'm not ready for parent/teacher conferences that are mandatory, or class projects, or homework! I'm just not ready!
However, Ms. L is! She is so excited! She cant wait for this new journey to begin! She is ready to loose teeth and grow up. Ready for skinned knees that don't make her cry. She is ready to let go of my hand and tell ME its going to be OK! I just cant believe what a beautiful young lady she is turning out to be! She has a gentle soul, and a heart for God. She is super smart and super lovely! I think I'm just scared that she wont need me anymore! But then I remember, she is only going to be in Kindergarten, and she will still need me!
Those knees will still hurt when she falls, and she just might need a shoulder to cry on. When friendships end, I will be there to tell HER its OK. She will ask me for help picking our her back pack and lunch box. She will want me to help her with her homework when she cant figure it out on her own.
I think we will both survive..................
Nikki

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

awww ,such a bittersweet moment, because she is growing up and now she is going to a bigger grade, I'm going through the same thing too, my little girl just finished Pre-K too and its a sad thing to see her get older and bigger, man I remember 5 years ago while still prego with her I was saying we have a long time before school with her, and look now!:( Beautiful moment for you!

Kellye said...

How sweet, my little one is growing up so fast too, this made me cry what a special moment. She will always need her mommy, no matter how old they get and whether they realize it at the time or now and what a wonderful thing for her to have a heart for God.
Blessings